CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 6, 2011

InSoMnIa



For the past week I have not been able to go to sleep and have tossed and turned while Jonah and the dogs snore beside me. I don't know what is causing me to not be able to go to sleep. Its really bad.. 

Maybe its the upcoming Plane trip to Florida where I will have to manage Lawson all by myself.. 

Maybe its not getting enough exercise, but I have lost SO much weight breastfeeding my jeans are sagging and I'm worried about loosing too much after my annual check up 
(yeah I know I worried about loosing it now I'm worried about loosing too much).... 

Maybe its debating on when to stop breastfeeding... this goes through my mind daily...

Maybe its missing adult interaction on a daily basis or missing my husband......

Who knows... Since its almost midnight and I am still up.. have been trying to go to sleep since 9 pm I decided to look up some information..
Here it goes:

Insomnia is difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep, or having non refreshing sleep for at least 1 month. (guess i have 2 more weeks to go till I am classified as having insomnia)

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Primary insomnia refers to insomnia that is not caused by any known physical or mental condition.
Insomnia is caused by many different things. The most common causes of insomnia are:
  • Alcohol
  • Anxiety
  • Coffee
  • Stress
Secondary insomnia is caused by a medical condition. Depression is a very common cause of secondary insomnia. Often, insomnia is the symptom that causes people with depression to seek medical help.

Symptoms

  • Difficulty falling asleep on most nights
  • Feeling tired during the day or falling asleep during the day
  • Not feeling refreshed when you wake up
  • Waking up several times during sleep
People who have primary insomnia tend to keep thinking about getting enough sleep. The more they try to sleep, the greater their sense of frustration and distress, and the more difficult sleep becomes.

Based on that information I think the stress and anxiety is getting to me.. Maybe I need to get on the treadmill and walk daily.. drink some herbal tea... All I know is that I need to be able to go to sleep or I might have the following effects from sleep deprivation.




OK back to bed I go to attempt sleep again.. Wish me luck and if you have any advice please leave a comment..






1 comment: