CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 26, 2011

First Mini Road Trip

So some may think we are crazy but yesterday we successfully attempted a mini road trip to Columbia, SC for me to have my hair done. Yes I am still driving about an hour and 20 minutes to have my hair done, but Laura does a great job and has become a good friend to me.




The day started out with a sleepless night for me so I napped in between feedings until it was time for me to shower and get dressed. Life with a new born is quite complicated while breast feeding. You have to time everything out. OK we need to get to Columbia about 45 minutes to a hour early so I can hide in the car and nurse Lawson so hes not screaming bloody murder from starvation while Jonah takes him since it takes about 2 hours for my hair to be done. We arrived in Columbia at the back of the Salon parking lot around 3:25pm. My appointment was at 4:15. I was like OK here goes nothing. Since I'm having challenges feeding him anyway, feeding in the back of the Highlander trying to cover myself up was anything but challenging. Oh did I fail to mention that Lawson now has decided he doesn't want to stay awake for feedings. Sounds wonderful right? well not so much when you want to make sure hes eating enough and frequent enough. Eventually after several failed attempts of him falling asleep on me instead of eating  I said ENOUGH!!! 

So I went in to get my hair done and Jonah was off to visit some friends with Lawson. He of course slept the whole time. I was one worried mom while getting my hair done. Jonah was making a sacrifice of extra sleep and part of his day to take the trip with us and take care of Lawson while I couldn't and the last thing I wanted was to give him a starving fussy child while I was pampered. I texted Jonah often to see how things were going and of course got no response. OH well that's Jonah :)

Eventually right before Laura was done Jonah and sleeping Lawson showed up. Thank goodness he had slept the whole time and wasn't fussy. We thought it would be nice to wake him up from his REM sleep so Laura could see his eyes and his facial expressions. Well once we woke him up he realized he was starving. Go figure! So we headed to meet up with Cara and Bryan and to use their house as a feeding station.
Thanks Duggans :)

Cara seemed in Awe of the little guy and surprising Bryan didn't vomit when Jonah had to change Lawson's utterly disgusting diaper. If you know Bryan this is a huge accomplishment. So after I fed Lawson we ate dinner and headed back home. Lawson slept the whole way home in his car seat and overall it was a good trip.

Now if I can only get the nursing down to a science we can take other mini road trips with out Jonah in tow.

Here are a few pictures from the trip.



1 comment:

  1. So glad the trip went well and hope the nursing gets better little by litte!

    ReplyDelete