CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 11th 2001

Two days ago marked the 10 year anniversary of the terrorism attack on the USA that will never be forgotten.

I remember vividly where I was when I was approached by a sorority sister asking if my brother was ok. I had no clue what was going on until she told me. I automatically turned around skipped class and non-stop started dialing Grants cell phone number. 
Of course I could not get through. I called my dad and he hadn't heard anything.I called my mom. I called anyone and everyone to see if Grant was ok. Finally after about 2 hours and arriving home I finally got in touch with my father who said "Grant is ok, his train was late .. it saved his life!" 
Thank god his train was late. I know some of grants friends were not so lucky, nor were the 342 Fireman who died in the line of duty attempting to rescue people and put out the fire.

This past weekend Jonah ran in full gear in honor of the fallen fire fighters. He also helped host a stair climb. Some people climbed and ran in no gear but Jonah said, " those guys climbed close to 90 flights of stairs breathing air, I can do it", so he did. 

Here are some pictures form this weekend. It truly was an amazing weekend honoring those lives lost on 9/11.  







No comments:

Post a Comment