CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 14, 2011

36 WEEKS and counting

This past Tuesday we ventured out of the house into the snow and icy roads to make our way to see Dr. Palermo.
 
I had a GREAT check up and since no other pregnant women went out in the bad weather Jonah and I had a lot of time to ask all the questions that had been pondering in our minds. 
I had been having some sharp pains that would stop me in my tracks and make me wait for them to stop before I could walk again. This was occurring more frequently the longer I was on my feet at work and the less sleep I had gotten. We found out these pains were Pre-Term Labor!! Yep you got that right!!
 
Dr. Palermo checked me and said well we have a January baby on our hands not a February baby!! I was like huh.. She said well you are about 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Those pains you were experiencing are your cervix and Lawson pushing his head down. She also said he was ready to go.
We left excited but also with some anxiety. 
Wow we thought we had about a month left ( original due date February 11), but now we are being cut short 2 weeks. So all the thoughts that go through a first time parents mind circulated. Are we really ready for this? How painful will this childbirth be? Even though everything looks GREAT in the ultrasound is there something they are missing? And of Course for me.. wow how am I going to loose this baby weight? 
 
I also talked to Dr. Palermo about work and how exhausting and stressful it had become. The fact that the pains were more severe and happening more frequently after I worked and was on my feet all day, she agreed for me to check with Met Life (my benefits company) and get back to her on Thursday. 
 
I did my homework with Met Life and called her office Thursday. She agreed to put me out of work on Short Term Disability due to the pre-term labor, stress and just my work situation. Here is a picture of my my last day of work Thursday, January 14.
36 weeks starting week 37

We will keep everyone updated with the progress. The next doctors appointment will be January 20. At that time Lawson will be 37 weeks and considered a full term baby :) 



 
 

1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting that Lawson is almost here! I bet you can't wait...heck, I can't even wait LOL. Enjoy your time with Jonah before he gets here, go on lots of dates!
    PS, love what you're done with the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete