CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sleep Whats That??




Yes its 6:00 am on Monday morning and I am awake. I have no where to go but have been up since 1:30 am with Insomnia. Everyone says, "rest these last few days/weeks of your pregnancy and sleep because once Lawson is here you will never sleep again". Well that would be wonderful if I could actually sleep. So I did some research while not being able to sleep on Insomnia during pregnancy. Here is what I found out.

Many women suffer from intermittent or chronic insomnia during pregnancy. There are many reasons you may have trouble drifting off to dreamland during pregnancy. Some of the more common problems include frequent urination, an unquiet mind, stress, leg cramps or the inability to get into a comfortable position. 

Tips For Reducing Insomnia During Pregnancy
The most important step toward sleeping well during pregnancy is relaxing. Too much stress and too much anxiety, whether centered around your inability to get comfortable or your concerns over labor and delivery, can dramatically affect your ability to catch some quality zzz's.

Relaxing.. Yeah right how am I supposed to relax when it seems like everyone around me who is due after me is having their baby but Lawson is still staying put. Today marks the last day in January. Must I remind you that my doctor kept saying he would be here before the end of the month? Well unless Lawson starts doing something soon January will have come and gone and I will still be pregnant.

Stress ... Well Yes I have stress even after not working since the 14th, I am stressing because Met Life who is in charge of our Disability Claims still has not approved my Short Term Disability claim for my pregnancy. Jonah tells me not to worry, my dad tells me not to worry or stress, but thats all I think about. How can these people keep post poning a decision.. Maybe even though I was having pre-term labor I should have kept working with the debilitating pain and who knows Lawson might have been here at 36 weeks. This all is just too much to comprehend right now and keeps me up stressed and worrying.

Anxiety... Well there is a lot of that too. It doesn't matter how long you think about having a child or how long you plan for it, or how well you feel suited for the task, you will still have anxiety over how well you will be a parent.  You can read every book known to man kind, ask for support and information from your family and friends but until Lawson is here I have no clue how I will adapt and still not have this anxiety of being a good parent. You read all this information about children growing up too fast, making the wrong decisions. How will I raise Lawson to make the right decisions and know I am a good parent.

Through reviewing articles on insomnia during pregnancy this is the best advise I have found. I will say it seems easier said than done but its worth a try :)

"Last but not least, remind yourself that nothing is worth stressing out over so much that you lose sleep over it. Once you are asleep there is little that you can do to solve the problems of the world. You might as well let your troubles float away the moment your head hits the pillow. You'll have plenty of time to obsess about life's little struggles in the morning. Your job at night is one thing...to get some sleep"

So tonight I will continue to spray my pillow with a relaxing lavendar pillow spray, and attempt to ignore my stresses and anxieties to deal with them tomorrow. Hey maybe I should try listening to Lawsons "comfort me lamb" to help relax me who knows the sounds of waves, a heart beat or a whale might work on me. ;) 

Wish me luck! 


2 comments:

  1. I guess this sleep deprivation is real practice for when he gets here. Does that make you lucky for some extra practice? nahhhhhhh!!!! I hope you have better luck tonight sleeping!

    ReplyDelete