CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 28, 2011

38 weeks



So I now wished I felt better about my pregnancy physique and took more belly bump pictures or that I had maternity pictures done.  At this point I truly feel like a beached whale and that I weight 800 million pounds. Yes its a pure exaggeration but that is how I feel. I really want my size 4 pants back and my size 2 or zero shirts back. I know my body has changed and it will take a act of congress to get back into my pre-pregnancy wardrobe but for some reason I think I will work hard to make it happen. 

I often question myself, " all these ladies embrace pregnancy, Why cant I?" Guess that is just something that is different for everyone. I read an article online and sent it to Jonah. It truly made me feel better about not feeling so hot throughout pregnancy and made me realize that not every woman feels this since of embracing her baby bump and baby figure. Thank goodness I am not alone!! 


Survey: 

1. How far along? 38 weeks

2. Weight gain? 24 pounds.  Lots of women stop gaining at this point :) Who knows what will happen with me. It was a task to get any weight on in the beginning and now it seems like in the end in a week Ill gain about 2 pounds. I am having some swelling and literally feel like a beached whale. I cant wait to be back in normal clothes and stop raiding Jonahs supply of sweatshirts and T-shirts to wear while I'm lounging around the house. They say my belly is the size of a watermelon at this point. I feel like i have 3 of them in my belly right now.



3. Signs of labor? Nope they are all gone.. still having some sharp stabbing pains.. now I have some that in my inner thigh as well. Some menstrual feelings but nothing really significant. Had my Doctors appointment Wednesday and no progression from the 3cm and 85% effacement..

4. Sleep? I'm exhausted all the time but CANT SLEEP

5. Food cravings? SWEETS!! Jonah found this cupcake place in Baxter Village.. I went to get one cupcake to eat there and one to bring home. We made one stop on the way home and Jonah found me eating my other cupcake in the car. HA!!

6. Food aversions? change daily

7. Best moment this week? Just knowing that not much longer till we get to hold Lawson in our arms. Even though we thought we would have done that by now. As the doctor, Beth and Jonah say.. eventually he will get evicted from that comfy home :)

8. Looking forward to? Actually going into labor and meeting Lawson

9. Milestones? 2 weeks til d-day!

10. Pregnancy thoughts this week: Lawson why are you being so stubborn. The entire Saul and Smith family and friends want to meet you. Please come out sooner rather than later you are making your mommy miserable ;)


Nesting

 This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world. Females of the animal kingdom are all equipped with this same need. It is a primal instinct. Just as you see birds making their nests, mothers-to-be do exactly the same thing. The act of nesting puts you in control and gives a sense of accomplishment toward birth. You may become a homebody and want to retreat into the comfort of home and familiar company, like a brooding hen. The nesting urge can also be seen as a sign of the onset of labor when it occurs close to 40 weeks of pregnancy.

I have officially started Nesting!!! The couple of days off and on I have had an urge to clean the entire house. Jonah has done an awesome Job throughout the pregnancy but for some reason I have an urge to clean everything. Wednesday night I moved all rugs and slid the downstairs furniture around to mop everything and vacuum. I even went to the extent to wipe down all kitchen cabinets with Clorox wipes. I dusted and cleaned the walls with a magic eraser. Today I went crazy in our master bathroom and bedroom, dusting and cleaning every crevice. I don't think any inch of the bathroom went unturned. I even used a tooth brush to scrub. If this is any sign that Lawson will be coming soon lets sure hope it is.


My next doctors appointment is Friday February 4th. Kinda funny Wednesday Dr. Palermo said, " Well i didn't think you would need to schedule another appointment after this one but umm go ahead and make one for next week." 

1 comment:

  1. If you're carrying around a watermelon all day and everyday, I can see how uncomfortable and exhausting it could be. I think the photos you've taken have been a great documentary of the 9 months!

    ReplyDelete