CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010



So I decided to start a blog. Yes Jonah you were right.. you knew I would do this! 

Since I am new to the blogging scene it may not look as pretty as other blogs but I figured it would be good to get started to keep everyone up to date with the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy and life of the Smith Family.

We couldn't travel anywhere for Christmas with me being in my last trimester so my dad and Pat decided to come into town to celebrate with us. Thank goodness they did because I was so exhausted all I did was sleep all Christmas day! Its amazing how all the sudden your energy goes away in the last trimester and all you want to do is sleep but can't. Yes you got that right, I can't get comfortable or by the time I do get comfortable I have to get up at night to pee. The wonderful joys of pregnancy!

Jonah was excited on Christmas Day because they had predicted snowfall. Unfortunately it didn't start snowing until after the sun went down Christmas Day but we awoke to a winter wonderland the following day. 

 Stonewall wasn't quite sure of the snow!!
 Our back yard
 A view of the neighborhood street
 Pops eating a snowball... Yes he did this when he wasn't throwing a snowball at one of us !
The front of our house


I was supposed to work the day after Christmas but due to the snow and me still being tired I called out of work and stayed inside. Pops and Pat went for a walk in the snow and we later ventured out to the grocery store to get some items to make homemade Vegetable soup! Besides that, I enjoyed the view of the snow but not much more than that. Everyone knows I am a klutz and well I didn't want to slip and fall.

Pregnancy Update!!


 
Well I only have 6 more weeks to go!! 
Jonah and I had 3d Ultrasound pictures done on December 10, 2010. It was just amazing seeing Lawson in 3d and I have came to the conclusion that like Stonewall, he always has his legs crossed! He also has Jonah's little lips and tons of hair!! I wake up every morning and look at this 3d picture and I am just at awe that he is growing inside of me!

It has been a healthy but trying pregnancy and I guess it would be worse after hearing others stories. The nausea and vomiting lasted till about week 24... then stopped and only 3 weeks later started the acid reflux and nausea again. I am still having nausea, acid reflux, and vomiting issues but I know its worth it in the end.

It has been a constant struggle for me to gain weight and the doctor and Jonah are after me. I lost about 7 pounds in the beginning due to me being sick and since loosing those 7 pounds have only gained a total of 18. I know every pregnant lady's dream right????? NOT!!
Oh what I would give to be able to eat normally like I did before I got pregnant and not constantly feel ill.

I have continued to work throughout the pregnancy, but now my doctor has me down to only 4 days a week. The standing and constant walking for 8 hours a day in Retail Sales at Verizon Wireless is very tiresome and stressful. I am hoping to make it as long as I can but then also would like a couple weeks off before Lawson comes to make sure everything is in order. Oh and the constant nightmares of having Lawson at the Verizon Wireless store also make me want to stop sooner than my due date.

Well that's it for my first posting I hope this has gotten everyone up to date. Below are some pictures of Lawson's Room if you  haven't seen it yet.  
Take Care and Happy New Year !!








No comments:

Post a Comment